5 weeks

5 Weeks: Baby is the size of a red lentil

This week has still been an emotional roller coaster, but the news is beginning to settle in and feel more real.  Last week was a lot of panic and worry: Where will we put a baby in a three bedroom house? How are we going to afford this? Harper as a middle child, crap!  Harrison and this baby will be 5.5 years apart, is that too much of a gap?  Another nine months of no wine?  BREASTFEEDING AGAIN!? And about a million more racing thoughts.

So far, two people know- Coley, who I called on the first day to spill my heart out to, and Kristin, who I threw a test at as she walked in the door for a wine night (Hi, thanks for coming over, how were your boards, awesome, here's a pee stick).  It's important for me to tell everyone in person if I can, so I'm sure this list will grow by next week's update.

Although it still doesn't feel completely real (except when my boobs start randomly hurting), I'm having more moments of excitement than fear and I think I figured out the kids living situation.  Right now, our plan is to finish out our second story garage so we can move our office out of the master bedroom, have the baby in our room for about 6 months or whenever he or she starts sleeping through the night, then move the crib into Harper's room.  Her room is smaller, but I think it would be better to keep the two littles together and then Harrison's room will still be available for bigger kid play time and sleepovers.  So ya, this won't be the end of the world; it will just be an adjustment and a bundle of love that we hadn't planned on.



How far along? 5 weeks
Maternity clothes? No, but I may need them sooner than later.  I swear I look like I'm 8 weeks already! 
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Still good
Best moment(s) this week: Sharing the news with Kristin; her reaction was exactly what I needed- supportive + caring in my time of confusion.
Miss Anything? Surprisingly I don't at the moment. 
Movement: No
Food cravings: Nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not yet 
Gender: Still deciding if we want to find out, but if we do it will be just us and the doctor this time.
Labor Signs: Definitely not
Symptoms: Serious bloating, cramping, some waves of nausea, my boobs-OUCH, and the fatigue is beginning.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Not quite sure of my emotions yet...
Looking forward to: Telling our families over Thanksgiving and continuing to share the news with our friends.
I think it's safe to say we're pregnant.

Comments

Popular Posts